Here we will tell the story of the beginnings of our church and how we became what we are today.
In 1920 the community near
This ministry was faithfully carried on for fifteen years before the first regular preaching services were begun in
1935. In April of 1937, Franklin Roosevelt was three months into his second term
as President of the
While the dark clouds of world war inched ever closer, the new church board met on May 6 for its first official meeting since the church was incorporated. The minutes from that meeting show that the lot and original building were purchased for $500. Plans were suggested for raising the money needed, and a committee was appointed to consider what changes needed to be made in the building to prepare it for corporate worship in addition to Sunday School. Members wanted to redesign the front of the building, add a cross to the steeple, put on new shingles, and buy some used pews.
James R. Keyes was called as the first pastor in 1937, followed by G.D. Martin (1944-48), Joseph Greene (1949), Kenneth Miles (1949-50), Frederick Bronkema (1953), Charles Nelson, Albert Greene, Jr. (1959-70 and 1972-76), Fred Rice (1970-72), and Bruce Ray (1976 to present). Don Lindblad served as co-pastor with Pastor Ray (1986-92), and Steve Harris became an elder in 1993 and has served full-time with Pastor Ray since 1997.
brothers, Joe and Al, started what became
Today Juanita is a member of FIRE, the Fellowship of Independent Reformed Evangelicals.